Website Zumwalt Construction, Inc.
Integrity | Service | Craftsmanship
The construction superintendent coordinates all site activities and may supervise trade personnel. Regardless of the level of direct supervision provided, it is normally the job of the construction superintendent to inspect the work performed by employees, contractors and sub-contractors as required to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget.
To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Superintendent will be involved in pre-construction estimates and budgets.
- Monitor expenses to ensure that the project is meeting budget and if not, determine whether it is possible to make up the difference. Study weekly labor reports carefully to determine areas needing special attention, and initiate changes and procedures to bring costs back into budget.
- Calculates the material and personnel costs. The Superintendent has the authority to hire and terminate all hourly paid personnel under his/her direct supervision. All direct labor requirements and terminations have to be reviewed by the Operations Manager.
- Develop detailing and special construction methods for job efficiency.
- Track inventory of supplies and materials to guard against loss and to ensure that vital materials are ordered and delivered to meet schedule. Be sure that material received is properly inspected for quantity, and that the receiving tickets are attached to invoices. Invoices are to be properly signed, coded and forwarded to accounting weekly for posting.
- Maintain accurate and complete daily reports, requests for information, potential change orders, submittals and all job correspondence in the appropriate job folder. All previously stated material must be copied weekly to the main office.
- Plan equipment and small tool requirements before they are needed. All requests for equipment and tools need to be sent to the Operations Manager and Yard Manager. All safety equipment requests are to be sent to the company Safety Officer.
- The superintendent will coordinate and supervise the activities of a variety of tradespeople, professionals and laborers.
- Might work closely with the architect or engineer who designed the project or Project Managers on larger scale projects.
Desired Skills and Expertise
Education and/or Experience
- 4 year project supervisory experience.
- Ability to read, comprehend and interpret: plans, general and technical specifications, contracts and subcontracts, laws, codes and ordinances, and to possess the ability to enforce their intent.
- Able to effectively communicate Company and project goals to others.
- Able to prepare basic written correspondence with minimal assistance from others.
- Construction Management: 5 years
- Superintendent: 8 years
- OSHPD: 2 years
- Annual Salary Range based on experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com